Professional Secretariat Services
08454 334 199
Are you considering outsourcing the role of Secretary to the Trustees?
Here are some good reasons why outsourcing will be of benefit to you:
- It frees up members of the Trustee Board to concentrate on their main responsibilities in an efficient and effective way
- It removes potential conflicts of interest, where, for example, the role of secretary to the trustees is an additional part of another role, such as administrator or scheme actuary
- It provides the sponsoring company with the security that the scheme is effectively run and meets all its statutory requirements
- Better use of budget, paying for the hours you need
The benefits of using us are:
- We are entirely independent of any other pensions or financial companies
- We create bespoke solutions to meet your exact needs
- Our independent secretaries keep up to date with governance best practice and are aware of the latest trends within the pensions industry
- We have many years’ experience of meeting the increasing governance requirements which the Pensions Regulator now expects trustee boards to meet
We can offer you the complete A-Z package or tailor our service specifically to meet your needs. Or we can work with you on specific projects such as an adviser review or a buy-in. Below are some of things we can help you with:
- Act as a key adviser to the Chair, agree agenda and prepare briefing notes
- Organise and arrange meetings and distribute agenda in good time, to allow trustees time to fully prepare
- Act as the trusted adviser to the trustees
- Identify training and development needs
- Conduct board evaluation
- Ensure compliance with legal regulation, corporate governance codes and guidance
- Take accurate and impartial minutes of board and committee meetings
- Produce and follow up action points proactively to ensure nothing is missed
- Manage the trustee relationships with their advisers
- Support the trustee board in the development and delivery of the agreed strategy
- Support the trustees in their duties, responsibilities and obligations
At CBC our highly trained independent secretaries have a wealth of hands-on experience and provide support to all size of schemes, at whatever level suits you.
- We are used to communicating at board level.
- We also work alongside pension managers, advisers, administrators and employers.
- We provide operational support, accurate record keeping and ensure compliance with legal regulation, corporate governance codes and guidance.
Call us or email us for a no obligation chat
A UK based company with over 3000 employees and a defined benefit pension fund with assets in excess of £200m.
A multi-national media organisation pension fund assets in excess of £500m. The Secretary to the trustee was a company employee who had elected to take voluntary redundancy. The trustees considered the possible alternatives...
What our clients say
We have known Mike Clark for a number of years both in his previous roles in pensions administration and more recently he has worked closely with us as a provider of secretarial services to the Trustee Board since 2013.
I have no hesitation in endorsing Mike as a tireless and dedicated member of the team. Our Trustee Board has seen some turbulent times over the last few years, and throughout those periods, Mike has always been ready to help and support both the Board and individual trustees with advice and practical solutions to the many issues that we have had to face. His wide experience makes him and his company a valuable resource, and it’s always good know that he’s there, ready to offer support and guidance.
By providing professional minute secretariat services CBC have certainly added value as well as allowing me to concentrate on my role as Pensions Manager during Trustee meetings. CBC also provide a useful sounding board as well being a source of news and ideas to me.Jim Clerkin FCII FPMI Dip IEB
Read all about it
If you would like to work with people who are enthusiastic about pensions call us on
08454 334 199